Friday, July 14, 2017

McCaffrey and Murray on By Man Shall His Blood Be Shed


At Catholic Media Apostolate, Roger McCaffrey and Fr. Gerald Murray discuss my book (co-authored with Joseph Bessette) By Man Shall His Blood Be Shed: A Catholic Defense of Capital Punishment.
 
Some of the recent radio interviews Joe and I have done are available online, including my interviews on Kresta in the Afternoon, Morning Glory with Fr. Thomas Petri, Catholic Connection, and The Bill Martinez Show, and Joe’s interview on A Closer Look.

2 comments:

  1. I found the discussion a bit disappointing. The host, McAffrey, appears not to have read the book, while the guest, Fr. Murray, says only that he saw a mss. version.

    Unfortunately, though they touch on Bessette’s material, I didn’t here any discussion of the philosophical/theological issues aside from vague assertions such as “the Church has always taught such and so”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it was pretty hum-drum. Feser and Bessette's book deserves a lot better than that.

    ReplyDelete